Homoeopathy is a medical science discovered in 1796 by Dr.Christian friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician(10 April 1755 to 2 july1843). He established the fundamental principles of the science and art of Homoeopathy.He is called the Father of Experimental Pharmacology because he was the first physician to prepare medicine in a specialized way; proving them on healthy human beings, to determine how the medicines acted to cure diseases. He discovered the primary and secondary actions of remedies.Hahnemann’s three major publications are Organon of Medicine, Materia Medica Pura and The Chronic Diseases.In the Organon of the Healing Art Hahnemann introduced the concept of ‘miasms’ as ‘infectious principles’ as underlying cause of chronic diseases. Three main logarithmic potency scales are in regular use in Homoeopathy:
3) 50 –millesimal Scale
Homoeopathy achieved its greatest popularity in the 19th century when It was introduced to the United States in 1825 by Hans Birch Gram, a student of Dr. Hahnemann. Homoeopathy came to India as early as 1810 when a French traveler, Dr. John Martin Honigberger who learnt Homoeopathy from Dr. Samuel Hahnemann visited India and treated patients with Homoeopathy.Late Babu Rajendra Lall Dutta, truly laid the foundation of Homoeopathy and started its practice with astounding results. Homoeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India was established in 1971.
Dr. Hahnemann treated thousands of difficult and chronic cases that defied the best care from allopaths all over Europe.Thus he became so famous that physicians from Europe and America came to him for learning in the new science and art of healing, called Homoeopathy and now one of the most popular system of medicine in the world.
BENEFITS OF HOMOEOPATHY
Homoeopathic medicines has no side effects and they are easy to consume.They are capable of deep and long action because it is based on nature’s law of cure.They neither cause drug diseases nor drug dependence.So the patient is not dependent on life long treatment.Homoeopathy is a complete system of medicine and it works best in acute as well as chronic cases. So it is a perfect solution of health for all.
MYTHS AND FACTS ABOUT HOMOEOPATHY
It is a misconception among many people that homoeopathic medicines act slowly –but fact is that homoeopathic medicines have very fast action,since they directly act through nerves.That’s why both acute as well as chronic diseases are cured very fast with the correct diagnosis and right medicines.Only in few cases the action may be slow due to extended pathology and irreversibility of the case.
Another myth is that homoeopathy first aggravates the disease and then gives relief – but it is not true in all cases.A very minimal aggravation may occur only in few cases,that is also helpful in treatment of that case.
Some people think that sugar pills and alcohol used in medicines,if taken for long time can cause diabetes and liver diseases respectively – but it’s totally wrong, since these substances used as vehicle for dispensing medicines are very fine and these are metabolized easily,without any harm to the body.
It is also a myth is that homoeopathy acts better only in chronic cases – but in reality it is equally beneficial in chronic as well as in acute cases.
One more myth is that homoeopathic medicines contain steroids - it is totally wrong fact because neither homoeopathic medicines are prepared from steroids nor preserved in steroids.
Few people say that homoeopathic medicines never expire-but in reality after a certain time effectivity of the medicine diminishes.
Is Homeopathy of use in treatment of all types of diseases ?Answer- YES
Homoeopathy is the best way to cure both acute and chronic diseases. Right from fever, cough, cold to asthma, skin diseases, cancer and diabetes. All these are not only just curable but the cure is mild(without side effects) and permanent. While other system of medicine makes use of strong medicines to cure, which cause severe side effects, homoeopathic medicines are not only easy to take, they work highly effectively without any side effect. The danger of allopathic medicines is that some times they do not cure but suppress. For eg :some times a cough and throat infection is not cured by allopathic drugs, but is suppressed and the disorder may move to the lungs causing respiratory and other severe problem. Homoeopathy works on the principle of ‘Cure the whole person, not only the disease’. It takes into account the totality of symptoms of the individual and treats each individual separately.For eg: there may be two patients suffering from fever. While an allopath would prescribe the same medicine for both patients according to age and BMI, the homoeopath observes the overall symptoms and prescribe accordingly. The first patient may be suffering from fever caused due to exposure to cold wind, also the patient is full of anxiety and fearful of death,this corresponds to a homoeopathic medicine Aconite, which when given results in immediate cure. The other patient suffering from fever, has his conditions worse after midnight, despite the high fever and thirst, he wants to drink just little quantities of water, this corresponds to a homoeopathic medicine Arsenic. So, the same medicine may not cure two cases of the same disease. Homeopathy thus, treats the individual and not the disease. The name of the disease as well as individuality of the patient both are very important to the homeopathic physician.
Is it Homoeopathy slow as a system of treatment ? Answer- NO
Cases of acute diseases/disorders like headache, fever, cold, cough, etc can be cured within minutes through the proper selection of the homeopathic remedy. However chronic diseases like asthma, heart problems, cancer etc need time to cure. There is a belief that allopathic medicines give immediate relief, but at what cost ? The use of strong medicines and steroids weaken the body’s natural immune system many of the times. Homoeopathy restores the body to it’s original state of health. If a disease is chronic in nature it means that it would have been in the human body for a long time, so it requires some time to be cured. This can vary depending on the problem and the patient. Homoeopathic medicines must always be taken on an empty stomach and stimulants like coffee, strong tea, nicotine, alcohol, etc must be avoided as they interfere with the working of the medicine. If the patient does not follow the diet prescribed, the healing process is slowed down. There are numerous cases of diseases of long-standing and of serious nature like kidney failure, heart failure, severe asthma which has been cured within a few days.
What are the different types of medicines used in homoeopathy ?
Homoeopathy has a wide range of medicines whose source ranges from animals to plants and chemicals. Plants like Onion (Allium),Capsicum,Belladonna, Cactus, etc are used for preparation of homeopathic medicines. A large number of chemicals like Nitric acid, Arsenic , Ferrous, Phosphorous are popular homoeopathic remedies. There are also a large number of animal sourced medicines like Naja & Lachesis which are snake poisons. Medicines are also prepared from substance like milk (Lac def) and sand (Silica). The products of diseases are used to prepare homeopathic medicines called as nosodes.These nosodes include Carcinosin (prepared from the cancer cells), Tuberculinum (prepared from the cells of the lungs of cow infected by tuberculosis), etc. While there may be a few people who are apprehensive of taking such medicines, they need not fear, because the process of preparing homoeopathic medicines ensures that they are diluted such that they lose their original form and are rendered harmless.
If Homoeopathy is so effective, why has it not overtaken allopathy ?
Whatever criteria you may use, there is no doubt that homoeopathy is much more effective than any system of medicine, but the sad fact is that homoeopathy has lagged behind in popularity. The failure is not of the system, but of the physician. Homoeopathy is a science and has its principles which have to properly applied to find the right remedy (the similimum). Homoeopathy has more than 2000 remedies to choose from. Even if you filter out the not-so-used ones, you get more than 200 remedies. Choosing one among them is not so easy and requires the application of great skills on the part of the physician. Also, few homoeopathic medical colleges have totally failed in teaching homoeopathy as per the principles laid down by Hahnemann. This has resulted in doctors prescribing compound drugs and patent medicines many times (which is prohibited by Hahnemann). Thus, their treatment is a hit and run affair. In many places few unauthorised , non qualified, non registered , lay man are practising homoeopathy without any concept and knowledge,so it is advised to all that take treatment from a qualified registered homoeopathic physician. A number of homoeopaths who neither understand nor are able to apply this treatment, prescribe allopathic medicines and thus discredit homoeopathy. In fact the number of doctors who properly apply the scientific principles of homoeopathy are but a few. This is the only reason why homeopathy has not overtaken allopathy. To quote Mahatma Gandhi – “Just like my principle of ahinsa(non violence) homeopathy can never failure. Failure if any is of the person who practices it”.
FUTURE OF HOMOEOPATHY-
Homoeopathy is a system of new era. It has gained tremendous popularity all over the world within a very short span of time.People are getting awared day by day, old myths are disappearing.Everyday new pages of Homoeopathic research are getting added world wise which make Homoeopathy more advance, more scientfic, more reliable, more safe and more quick.The day is not too far when homoeopathy will be the world’s best system of medicine .
PRINCIPLES OF HOMOEOPATHY
What is Homoeopathy ?
Homoeopathy is the system of medicine which works on the principle of ‘like cures like’ (Similia Similibus curanter). This system of holistic healing was founded by Dr.Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician. Hahnemann, who was translating a book on the medicinal properties of drugs, was reading the properties of the medicine Cinchona, when he read that Cinchona cures malaria, because of its bitter taste. Hahnemann was surprised by this statement and when he read on, he found a footnote which said that cinchona poisoning leads to malaria-like symptoms. This set him thinking and he decided to test the medicine of himself. He experienced the symptoms of malaria, by repeatedly taking the Cinchona medicine and after continuing his experiments found that those medicines which cause disease-like symptoms in healthy individuals are capable of curing the diseased individuals. So, homoeopathy relies on the Materia Medica – a book containing the properties of medicines, properties which have been proved on healthy individuals. Homoeopathic doctors rely on the materia medica as the authority for it contains not empty theories, but details of symptoms which were experienced by hundreds of provers. It is thus a system based on sound principles and as a result of solid experiments. These fundamental principles were discussed by Hahnemann in different sections of his Organon of Medicine and Philosophy.They are as follows:
1-Law of Similia
2-Law of Simplex
3-Law of Minimum
4-Doctrine of Drug proving
5-Theory of Chronic diseases
6-Theory of Vital force
7-Doctrine of Drug-dynamization
How does Homoeopathy work ?
The theory behind the working of homoeopathy is that the body of every human being contains a vital force within the body which regulates the functioning of the body. Due to reasons such as heredity, environmental conditions, stress etc, this vital force weaken causing disease. So, disease is nothing but a complex of certain symptoms observed in the human body. The homoeopathic physician make a study of not only the symptoms the patient is complaining of, but of the entire patient himself. This leads to a picture of the patient. The physician then prescribes homoeopathic medicine, which matches this picture. Now, the medicine so prescribed would have caused the same symptoms in healthy person during ‘drug provings’. This medicine is given in a highly diluted dose, so as to prevent side effects. This minute dose, creates a similar disorder in the vital force and provokes the vital force to react to the symptoms and overcome. (The same system is used in vaccines, where vaccination against small-pox is done by injecting the small-pox disease-causing organism, so that the body can build up its natural immunity).
Homoeopathic medicines are very much diluted still how it works ?
Now, all homoeopathy medicines are given in a very low dosage. This is called as ‘potentisation’. Hahnemann discovered that the more the medicine was diluted (with alcohol or lactose), the more potent it became. So, homoeopathy makes use of medicines in a very low form. For eg: a doctor may prescribe a medicine with potency C. What it means is that the medicine has been diluted to C (100 times), i.e: for every ninety-nine parts of the diluent, there is one part of the medicine. The question is how does such a small dose work ? The medicines contain an internal energy which is transferred to the vital force leading to cure. Generally, there is a canard against homoeopathy, that it relies on placebo treatment, which is totally wrong. While the medicines may contain so less of the substance that it cannot be detected in a lab some times,But it can be understand by atomic theory of molecules, it has been proved that these medicines are highly effective. it is easy to say that men who take the medicine may feel that they are getting better due to improved vitality, homoeopathy has effective treatments of animal also.
PHILOSOPHY OF HOMOEOPATHY-
Dr. Samuel Hahnemann described his concept in his book The Organon of Medicine.
ORGANON OF MEDICINE
SIXTH EDITION (APHORISAMS IN BRIEF)
- 1, 2. The sole mission of the physician is to cure rapidly, gently, permanently.
NOTE. – Not to construct theoretical systems, nor to attempt to explain phenomena.
- 3, 4. He must investigate what is to be cured in disease and know what is curative in the various medicines, in order to be able to adapt the latter to the former, and must also understand how to preserve the health of human beings.
- 5. Attention to exciting and fundamental causes and other circumstances, as helps to cure.
- 6. For the physician, the disease consists only of the totality of its symptoms.
NOTE. – The old school’s futile attempts to discover the essential nature of disease (prima causa).
- 7. Whilst paying attention to those circumstances (§ 5) the physician needs only to remove the totality of the symptoms in order to cure the disease.
NOTE 1. – The cause that manifestly produces and maintains the disease should be removed.
NOTE 2. – The symptomatic palliative mode of treatment directed towards a single symptom is to be rejected.
- 8. If all the symptoms be eradicated, the disease is always cured internally also.
NOTE. – This is stupidly denied by the old school.
- 9. During health a spiritual power (autocracy, vital force) animates the organism and keeps it in harmonious order.
- 10. Without this animating, spirit-like power the organism is dead.
- 11. In disease, the vital force only is primarily morbidly deranged, and expresses its sufferings (the internal change) by abnormal sensations and functions of the organism.
Explanation of the word Dynamis.
- 12. By the disappearance of the totality of the symptoms by the cure, the affection of the vital force, that is to say, the whole internal and external morbid state is also removed.
NOTE. – It is unnecessary for the cure to know how the vital force produces the symptoms.
- 13. To regard those diseases that are not surgical as a peculiar distinct thing residing in the human frame is an absurdity which has rendered allopathy so pernicious.
- 14. Everything of a morbid nature that is curable makes itself known to the physician by disease-symptoms.
- 15. The affection of the diseased vital force and the disease-symptoms thereby produced constitute an inseparable whole they are one and the same.
- 16. It is only by the spiritual influences of morbific noxae that our spirit-like vital force can become ill; and in like manner, only by the spirit-like (dynamic) operation of medicines that it can be again restored to health.
- 17. The practitioner, therefore, only needs to take away the totality of the disease-signs, and he has removed the entire disease.
NOTES. 1, 2. – Illustrative examples.
- 18. The totality of the symptoms is the only indication, the only guide to the selection of a remedy.
- 19. The alteration of the state of the health in diseases (the disease-symptoms) cannot be cured by the medicines otherwise than in so far as the latter have the power of also producing alterations in man’s health.
- 20. This power of medicines to alter the state of the health can only be ascertained by their effects on (healthy) persons.
- 21. The morbid symptoms that medicines produce in healthy individuals are the only thing wherefrom we can learn their disease-curing power.
- 22. If experience should show that by medicines that manifest similar symptoms to the disease the latter would be most certainly and permanently cured, we must select for the cure medicines with similar symptoms; but should it show that the disease is most certainly and permanently cured by opposite medicinal symptoms, we must choose for the cure medicines with opposite symptoms.
NOTE. – The employment of medicines whose symptoms have no actual (pathological) relation to the symptoms of the disease, but which act on the body in a different manner, characterise the allopathic method, which is to be rejected.
- 23. By opposite medicinal symptoms (antipathic treatment) persisting disease symptoms are not cured.
- 24, 25. The other remaining method of treatment, the homoeopathic, by means of medicines with similar symptoms, is the only one that experience shows to be always salutary.
- 26. This is dependent on the therapeutic law of nature that a weaker dynamic affection in the living organism is permanently extinguished by one that is very similar to and stronger than it, only differing from it in kind.
NOTE. – This applies both to physical affections and moral maladies.
- 27. The curative power of medicines, therefore, depends on the symptoms they have similar to the disease.
- 28, 29. Attempt to explain this therapeutic law of nature.
- 30-33. The human body is much more disposed to let its state of health be altered by medicinal forces than by natural disease.
- 34, 35. The correctness of the homoeopathic therapeutic law is shown in the want of success attending every unhomoeopathic treatment of a long-standing disease, and in this also, that two natural diseases meeting together in the body, if they be dissimilar to each other, do not remove or cure one another.
- 36. I. The older disease existing in the body, if it be equally as strong or stronger, keeps away from the patient a new dissimilar disease.
- 37. Thus under unhomoeopathic treatment that is not violent, chronic diseases remain as they were.
- 38. II. Or a new, stronger disease, attacking an individual already ill, suppresses only, as long as it lasts, the old disease that is dissimilar to it, already present in the body, but never removes it.
- 39. It is just in this way that violent treatment with allopathic drugs does not cure a chronic disease, but suppresses it only as long as the action of the powerful medicines, which are unable to excite any symptoms similar to the disease, lasts; after that, tile chronic disease makes its appearance as bad as or worse than before
- 40. III. Or the new disease, after having long acted on the body, joins the old one that is dissimilar to it, and thence arises a double (complex) disease; neither of these two dissimilar diseases removes the other.
- 41. Although in the course of nature, it is not seldom that two dissimilar diseases meet in the same organism but this happens much more frequently in the ordinary prac-long-continued employment of powerful, inappropriate (allopathic) medicine, associates itself with the old natural disease, which is dissimilar to (and therefore not curable by) the former, and the chronic patient now becomes doubly diseased.
- 42. These diseases that thus complicate one another take, on account of their dissimilarity, each the place in the organism suited for it.
- 43, 44. But quite otherwise is it on the accession of a stronger disease to a pre-existing one similar to it; in that case the latter will be removed and cured by the former.
- 45. Explanation of this phenomenon.
- 46. Instances of chronic diseases being cured by the accidental accession of another similar but stronger disease.
- 47-49. In cases where diseases come together in the course of nature, it is only one that displays similar symptoms that can remove and cure the other, a dissimilar disease can never do this; this should teach the physician what kind of medicines he can certainly cure with, namely, with homoeopathic ones alone.
- 50. Nature has but few diseases to send to the homoeopathic relief of other diseases, and these its remedial agents are accompanied by many inconvenientes.
- 51. On the other hand, the physician has innumerable remedial agents, possessing great advantages over those.
- 52 There are but two chief methods of cure, the homoeopathic and the allopathic, which are exact opposites, they cannot approach each other or unite.
- 53. The homoeopathic is based on an infallible law of nature and proves itself as the only excellent one.
- 54. The allopathic appeared in many very differing systems following each other, all terming themselves rational methods of cure. This method saw in diseases only morbid matter which were classified and created a Materia Medica based on conjectures and compound prescriptions.
- 55, 56. The allopathic physicians possess in their hurtful method of treatment nothing but palliatives which still may retain the confidence of patients.
NOTE. – Isopathy.
- 57. The antipathic or enantiopathic or palliative method treats a single symptom of a disease with a remedy of opposite action, contraria contrariis. Examples
- 58. This antipathic procedure is not defective merely because it is directed against a single symptom of the disease only, but also because in persisting ailments, after it produces a short apparent amelioration, real aggravation ensues.
NOTE. – Testimonies of authors to the truth of this.
- 59. Injurious effects of some antipathic modes of treatment.
- 60. Increasing the dose at every repetition of a palliative never cures a chronic affection, but does still more harm.
- 61. Whence physicians ought to have inferred the utility of an opposite and only good mode of treatment, to wit, the homoeopathic.
- 62. The reason of the injurious nature of the palliative, and of the sole efficacy of the homoeopathic employment of medicines.
- 63. Depends upon the difference between the primary action that takes place under the influence of every medicine, and the reaction or secondary action subsequently effected by the living organism (the vital force).
- 64. Explanation of the primary and secondary actions.
- 65. Examples of both.
- 66. From the smallest homoeopathic doses of medicine employed in treatment, the secondary action of the vital force merely shows itself in the restoration of the balance of health.
- 67. These truths explain the salutary character of the homoeopathic treatment, as also the perversity of the antipathic (palliative) method.
NOTE. – Cases in which the antipathic employment of medicines is alone admissible.
- 68. How is the efficacy of the homoeopathic system proved by these truths?
- 69. How is the hurtfulness of the antipathic treatment proved by these truths?
NOTE 1. – Opposite sensations do not neutralise each other in the human sensorium, they are not, therefore like opposite substances in chemistry.
NOTE 2. – Illustrative example.
- 70. Short summary of the homoeopathic system of medicine.
- 71. The three points necessary for curing: (1) the investigation of the disease; (2) the investigation of the effects of the medicines, and (3) their appropriate employment.
- 72. General survey of diseases – acute. chronic.
- 73. Acute diseases that attack single individuals, sporadic, epidemic, acute miasms.
- 74. The worst kinds of chronic diseases are those produced by the unskilfulness of allopathic physicians. The most allopathic debilitating treatment of Brousseau.
- 75. These are the most incurable.
- 76. It is only when the vital force is still sufficiently powerful, that the injury can then be repaired, often only after a long time, if the original disease be at the same time homoeopathically eradicated.
- 77. Diseases inappropriately named chronic.
- 78. Chronic diseases proper; they all arise from chronic miasms.
- 79. Syphilis and sycosis.
- 80, 81. Psora; it is the mother of all true chronic diseases except the syphilitic and sycotic.
NOTE. – Names of diseases in the ordinary pathology.
- 82. Among the more specific remedies discovered for these chronic miasms, especially for psora, the selection of those for the cure of each individual case of chronic disease is to be conducted all the more carefully.
- 83. Requisites for apprehending the picture of the disease.
- 84-99. Instructions to the physician for investigating and tracing the picture of the disease.
- 100-102. Investigation of the epidemic diseases in particular.
- 103. In like manner must the fundamental cause of (non-syphilitic) chronic diseases be investigated and the great entire picture of psora be displayed.
- 104. Utility of noting down in writing the picture of the disease, for the purpose of curing, and in the progress of the treatment.
NOTE. – How the old school physicians go about the investigation of the morbid state.
- 105-114. Preliminaries to be attended to in investigating the pure effects of medicines on healthy individuals. Primary action. Secondary action.
- 115. Alternating actions of medicines.
- 116, 117. Idiosyncrasies.
- 118, 119. The action of every medicine differs from that of every other.
NOTE. – There can be no such things as surrogates.
- 120. Every medicine, therefore, must be carefully proved to ascertain the peculiarity of its special effects.
- 121-140. Mode of proceeding when we make trial of them on other persons.
- 141. The experiments of the healthy physician with medicines upon himself are the best.
- 142. The investigation of the pure effects of medicines in diseases is difficult.
- 143-145. Only from such investigations of the pure effects of medicines on healthy persons can a real materia medica be formed.
- 146. The most appropriate therapeutic employment of medicines known in their pure effects.
- 147. The medicine most homoeopathically corresponding is the most suitable, is the specific remedy.
- 148. Explanation of how a homoeopathic cure is probably effected.
- 149. The homoeopathic cure of a disease that has occurred quickly is quickly effected; that of chronic diseases, however, demands proportionately more time.
NOTE. – Difference betwixt pure homoeopathists and the mongrel sect.
- 150. Slight ailments.
- 151. Important diseases have a number of symptoms.
- 152. For those with numerous striking symptoms a homoeopathic remedy can be more certainly found.
- 153. What kind of symptoms ought one chiefly to attend to in the choice of a remedy?
- 154. A remedy as homoeopathic as it is possible to be cures without much disturbance.
- 155. Cause of the freedom from disturbance of such cures.
- 156. Cause of the slight exceptions to this.
- 157-160. The medicinal disease very similar, but somewhat superior in strength, to the original disease, termed also homoeopathic aggravation.
- 161. In chronic (psoric) diseases the homoeopathic aggravations from (antipsoric) homoeopathic medicines occur during a period of several days, from time to time.
- 162-171. Rules for treatment when the supply of known medicines is too small to allow a perfect homoeopathic remedy to be discovered.
- 172-184. Rules for the treatment of diseases with too few symptoms: one-sided. diseases.
- 185-203. Treatment of diseases with local symptoms; their external treatment is always injurious.
- 204, 205. All chronic affections and diseases properly so called (that are not merely produced and maintained by a bad mode of living) must be cured only from within, by the homoeopathic medicines appropriate for the miasm that lies at their root.
- 206. Preliminary investigation of the miasm that lies at their root, of the simple miasm or its complications with a second (or even with a third).
- 207. Inquiry into the treatments previously employed.
- 208, 209. The other preliminary inquiries necessary for the apprehension of the morbid picture of the chronic disease.
- 210-230. Treatment of the so-called mental or emotional diseases.
- 231, 232 The intermittent and alternating diseases.
- 233, 234. The periodical intermittent diseases.
- 235-244. The intermittent fevers.
- 245-251. Mode of using the remedies.
NOTE. – Repetition of the doses according to the latest experience.
- 252-256. Signs of commencing improvement.
- 257, 258. False predilection for favourite remedies and unjustifiable aversion to other medicines.
- 259-261. Regimen in chronic diseases.
NOTE. – Injurious things in the habits of life.
- 262, 263. Diet in acute diseases.
- 264-266. Selection of the most energetic, most genuine medicines.
NOTE. – Change effected in some substances in their preparation for food.
- 267. Preparation of the most powerful and most durable forms of medicines from fresh plants.
- 268. Dry vegetable substances.
NOTE. – Preparation of powders so that they shall keep.
- 269-271. The mode of preparing crude medicinal substances peculiar to homoeopathy, so as to develop their curative powers to the utmost.
- 272-274. Only one, single simple medicine should be given to the patient at one time.
- 275-283. Strength of the doses for homoeopathic use – how it may be increased or diminished. Danger of too large doses.
- 284. What parts of the body are more or less susceptible to the influence of the medicines?
- 285. External application of remedies. Mineral baths.
- 286. Electricity. Galvanism.
- 287. Mineral magnet.
- 288, 289. Animal magnetism. Mesmerism.
- 290. Massage.
- 291. Water. Baths as remedial agents according to their temperature.